Mental Health and Wellbeing
National Alliance on Mental Illness
NAMI is the National Alliance on Mental Illness, the nation’s largest grassroots organization for people with mental illness and their families. Founded in 1979, NAMI has affiliates in every state and in more than 1,100 local communities across the country.
National Institute of Mental Health
Symptoms, diagnosis, and treatment of various mental illnesses.
A group of transgender, nonbinary, and allied mental health and medical providers based in the U.S. who believe in improving access to letters for clients who are seeking gender-affirming medical care.
- Parental Stress Line: 800-632-8188
- Rainbow Project : 608-255-7356
- Briarpatch Youth Services, Inc.: 24 hour hotline 608-251-1126
- Aging and Disability Resource Center of Dane County: 608-240-7400
- Rape Crisis Center: 608-251-7273
- Suicide/Crisis Intervention – 24 hour line: 608-280-2600
- Outreach: Madison and south central Wisconsin’s LGBTQ+ community center: 608-255-8582
- Spanish Speaking Therapists in Madison
- African American Therapists in Madison
- Anesis Therapy Center: 608-268-6530
- Asian Therapists in Madison:
- Pacific Islander Therapists in Madison
- LGBTQ+ Therapists in Madison
Intimate Partner Violence and Survivors Links
- Madison: Domestic Abuse Intervention Services: 608-251-4445
- End Domestic Abuse Wisconsin: 608-255-0539
- National Domestic Violence Hotline: 1-800-799-SAFE (7233) • 1-800-787-3224 (TTY)
- Unidos: 608-256-9195
Drug Rehab 101
Drug Rehab 101 is presented for adults and teens offering information on drug abuse, drug treatment, and related issues.
Journey provide individuals and families with high quality, community based, recovery oriented, mental health, substance abuse, and advocacy services that respect cultural differences and foster hope, strength, and self determination.
NewStart is UnityPoint Health Meriter’s comprehensive chemical dependency rehabilitation program.
UW Health’s Gateway Recovery is a state-certified alcohol and other drug abuse and mental health treatment clinic.
Alcoholics Anonymous – Madison
Alcoholics Anonymous® is a fellowship of men and women who share their experience, strength and hope with each other that they may solve their common problem and help others to recover from alcoholism.
Tellurian Behavioral Health
Tellurian is a not-for-profit agency that provides a wide array of human services. Services address problems relating to substance abuse and addictions, mental illness, and homelessness.
Sex Addicts Anonymous
A fellowship of men and women who share their experience, strength and hope with each other so they may overcome their sexual addiction and help others recover from sexual addiction or dependency.
Narcotics Anonymous is a nonprofit fellowship or society of men and women for whom drugs had become a major problem. We are recovering addicts who meet regularly to help each other stay clean. There are no dues or fees. The only requirement for membership is a desire to stop using.